Policies & Procedures
ENROLLING IN CLASSES
1. Use our shopping cart to register on-line.
2. Call 415-391-4179 to register with a credit card.
3. Download an application and send it with your payment to Revere Academy. (Requires Acrobat Reader)
4. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS must contact the Registrar before making travel arrangements. Call 415 391-4179.
We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card. Our web site transactions are secure.
CHECKS AND MONEY ORDERS
We accept personal and business checks as well as money orders. Send these with the application form, which can be downloaded from the link above. Your space will be reserved upon receipt.
Registration for the Winter/Spring Open Session begins October 21st.
Registration for the Summer/Fall Open Session begins May 9th.
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Payment in full is required for registration. If you register for a class that is full, your name will be put on the wait list and you will not be charged until a space is available. Upon confirmation of your registration, you will be sent an enrollment agreement, student ID card and tool list(s).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT REVERE REGISTRATION APPLICATION VIA HARD COPY
JT INTENSIVE: To enroll, list program, tuition and kit (plus 8.75% sales tax). You may leave a $1000 deposit now to hold your space. For the Spring JTI pay 50% of remaining balance before March 1st and the final payment before April 1st. For the Fall JTI, pay 50% of remaining balance before August 1st and the final payment on September 1st.
OPEN SESSION: List classes and tuition. Add kit fees (plus 8.75% sales tax).
BOOKS & VIDEOS: List items and prices. We send U.S. orders via UPS ground. UPS does not deliver to P.O. Boxes. Shipping charges can be calculated using the shopping cart on our website. California residents add 8.75% tax. International orders are shipped via USPS. There is a flat rate $45 shipping charge on international orders.
HAND TOOLS are not included in the cost of tuition. You may bring your own tools or purchase them with a student discount at the beginning of class from Otto Frei jeweler's supply. Students may borrow the Academy's tools for some classes; check your class tool list(s) for details.
MATERIALS KITS are required for most classes. Kits include precious and other materials which become your property to take home. Prices are subject to change. Required kits must be purchased from the Academy. No exceptions or substitutions.
REGISTRATION FEE: A non-refundable, one time $50 fee for new students.
OFFICE HOURS: 9 am to 5 pm Monday - Friday.
CERTIFICATES are presented to each student who completes classes.
DIPLOMAS are presented to each student who completes the prescribed program of Graduate Jeweler or Jewelry Technician.
OPEN STUDIO is available for Academy students between classes for $10 per hour during the Open Session.
COURSE APPROVAL has been granted by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.
We send U.S. orders via UPS ground. UPS does not deliver to P.O. Boxes. Shipping charges can be calculated using the shopping cart on our website. California residents add 8.75% tax. International orders are shipped via USPS. There is a flat rate $45 shipping charge on international orders.
Sometimes not all items are in stock and available at the time of placing an order. We ship items as available and will back order items that are not available at the time of shipment.
CLAIMS AND SHORTAGES
Please communicate any claims and shortages in writing within ten days of receipt of goods.
All prices are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include applicable CA sales tax, shipping and insurance charges.
DISCLAIMER: If you are pregnant, have environmental sensitivity issues or are concerned about your health, do the research and consult with a physician about exposure risks to chemicals commonly used by jewelry makers such as boric acid, denatured alcohol, fluoride flux, and sodium bisulfate pickle.
REFUND POLICY FOR PROFESSIONAL CLASSES
All classes longer than 3.5 hours are Professional Classes.
STUDENT’S RIGHT TO CANCEL
1. You have the right to cancel your agreement for a program of instruction, without any penalty or obligations, through attendance at the first class session or the seventh calendar day after enrollment, whichever is later. After the end of the cancellation period, you also have the right to stop school at any time; and you have the right to receive a pro rata refund if you have completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled hours in the current payment period in your program through the last day of attendance.
2. Cancellation may occur when the student provides a written notice of cancellation at the following address: 785 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103. This can be done by mail or by hand delivery.
3. The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with proper postage.
4. The written notice of cancellation need not take any particular form and, however expressed, it is effective if it shows that the student no longer wishes to be bound by the Enrollment Agreement.
5. If the Enrollment Agreement is cancelled, the school will refund the student any money he/she paid, less a registration fee not to exceed $250.00 and less any deduction for equipment not returned in good condition within 45 days after the notice of cancellation is received.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PROGRAM
You may withdraw from the school at any time after the cancellation period (described above) and receive a pro rata refund if you have completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled hours in the current payment period in your program through the last day of attendance. The refund will be less a registration fee not to exceed $250.00. If the student has completed more than 60% of the period of attendance for which the student was charged, the tuition is considered earned and the student will receive no refund.
For the purpose of determining a refund under this section, a student may be deemed to have withdrawn from a program of instruction when any of the following occurs:
· The student notifies the institution of the student’s withdrawal or as of the date of the student’s withdrawal, whichever is later.
· The institution terminates the student’s enrollment for failure to maintain satisfactory progress; failure to abide by the rules and regulations of the institution; absences in excess of maximum set forth by the institution; and/or failure to meet financial obligations to the School.
For the purpose of determining the amount of the refund, the date of the student’s withdrawal shall be deemed the last date of recorded attendance. The amount owed equals the hourly charge for the program (total institutional charge, minus non-refundable fees, divided by the number of hours in the program), multiplied by the number of hours scheduled to attend, prior to withdrawal. For programs beyond the current “payment period,” if you withdraw prior to the next payment period, all charges collected for the next period will be refunded.
If any portion of the tuition was paid from the proceeds of a loan or third party, the refund shall be sent to the lender, third party or, if appropriate, to the state or federal agency that guaranteed or reinsured the loan. Any amount of the refund in excess of the unpaid balance of the loan shall be first used to repay any student financial aid programs from which the student received benefits, in proportion to the amount of the benefits received, and any remaining amount shall be paid to the student. If the student has received federal student financial aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.
REFUND POLICY FOR INTRODUCTORY CLASSES
Introductory Classes are 3.5 hours. All other classes are Professional Classes.
Cancellations must be received in writing at least 72 hours prior to the start of the scheduled class to avoid penalty.
To cancel, email us with:
· Full name(s) of student(s)
· Contact information
· The date you want to cancel, and if you would like to reschedule, the new date of the class you would like to take
A $50 cancellation fee applies to refunds on Introductory classes paid in full. There are no refunds on Introductory Classes paid by voucher. The no-show fee for Introductory Classes is equal to the price of tuition paid. This fee applies as soon as the class begins. A $25 rescheduling fee is required to reschedule an Introductory Class less than 72 hours in advance.
REFUND POLICY FOR MERCHANDISE
All sales are final on merchandise. No Refunds.